How Do I Uninstall/Remove NOREF Completely Off Your PC
From Robert Hashemian:
This extension adds a rel=noreferrer attribute to every link on any web page being viewed. It blocks sending referer headers to landing pages, thereby strengthening privacy while browsing.
Referrer (aka referer) is a header value transmitted by the browser to a target web site when a link is clicked on. It contains the URL of the referring web site where the link was clicked on. Some users may not wish to share that information with websites while they browse due to privacy concerns. This Chrome extension blocks the transmission of the referrer header to sites, by adding rel=noreferrer to every link on web pages.
What's new in this version:
Version 1.4 can exclude (whitelist) full or partial domains or URLs.?
How to Uninstall NOREF?
There are two necessary steps we must undertake to uninstall it. First we need to perform the uninstallation method, and then we must enter the Program Files and locate any files that have been left behind.
To manually remove the program, you have to go to the "Add/Remove Programs"
1) Go to Start, Click on Control Panel
2) Double-click on Add or Remove Programs
3) Find the NOREF listed in the list and click on it. Most of the time, it should look like the one below:
4) Click on the "Remove" button when the below warning messages appears.
5) Follow the on-screen wizards to completely uninstall it from your computer.
Video Show: compeletly Uninstall a program
Remove the leftover files:
1. Open the Start menu and then select Run. Type services.msc in the box and then click OK.
2. Scroll down the list and locate the NOREF. Right click on it and select Stop.
3. Open the Windows Explorer, and navigate to Windows, System32 and NOREF. In the NOREF folder, right click on the Repository folder and then select Delete.
4. Open the Start menu and then select Run. Type services.msc in the box and then click OK. Scroll down the list and locate the NOREF. Right click on it and select Start.
5. Restart your computer.
What is "uninstall error"?
"This program cannot be found."
"The application is still in use."
"The application is protected and cannot be removed."
Whatever the uninstall error you're getting, there are ways to resolve the issue and get that program off your machine without breaking it or your fists in frustration. Even the most seasoned computer users (who are far more experienced and tech-savvy than I am) have problem like this from time to time. The difference it, they don't have to dig around and try to decipher the wisdom of other experts who can tell them how to fix the problem. While lacking expert status, I do happen to have a solution for this particular problem that hopefully doesn't requiring deciphering. Resolving the uninstall error.
So what do you do when none of these options are available? Some users resort to simply deleting the program folder itself when they cannot uninstall program any other way. However, this is not a recommended course of action because it only removes the program files from your computer and does not actually uninstall anything. Furthermore, deleting the program folder can lead to registry errors and other problems down the road.
The best option at this point when you still cannot uninstall program is to turn to a third-party uninstaller program such as Help Uninstaller. You can use Help Uninstaller to remove any program from your computer, even corrupted applications that cannot be uninstalled by conventional means. This program also cleans up all registry entries and leftover drivers installed by your unwanted program. Stubborn and hard to remove programs can also be easily uninstalled, including othe software. Use of a professional uninstaller, even when you can or cannot uninstall program, can go a long way to keeping your computer running faster, smoother and error-free.
What is Help Uninstaller Capable of?
Display detailed information of a certain application installed on your computer.
Uninstall any unwanted programs from your computer easily
Forcibly uninstall all stubborn applications that cannot be uninstalled from Windows Add/ Remove Programs.
Leave no trace on your PC after removing.
Clean up application files, folders, registry entries and application drivers that the application leaves over.
Back up PC system files whenever you boot PC to restore system easily once PC crashes.
Release your PC hard drive space immediately.
How to Force Uninstall NOREF Using Uninstall Tools?
1. Reboot your computer to enter the Safe Mode. You can press F8 when the Windows is booting up and select Safe Mode.
2. Start the Help Uninstaller, find NOREF in the display list, and then choose Force Uninstall.
3. There will be a pop-up window recommends you to try Uninstall function first, just click OK to skip it.
4. Navigate the path of NOREF, and then click Next.
5. Help Uninstaller will scan your system to find all NOREF related files. When the Help Uninstaller has found out every file, click Next to begin the removal.
6. Follow the on screen instructions to finish the removal.
Defrag After NOREF Removal
As what has been said in the preceding paragraphs that a good deal of caches would be loaded in local disk. And usually they are scattered around. It is time consuming to clean them up. Therefore defrag after NOREF¡¯s removal is required. Here's the video to show how:
Video Show: Defragmenter
Want to Unisntall right away?Try out our free Uninstall tools.