How to Uninstall/Remove APOD Get Rid of APOD Fast
APOD is a lean piece of software that automatically brings to your desktop a new daily inspiring editor-picked astronomy picture with an explanation written by professional astronomers. Astronomy Picture of the Day is a Web site hosted by NASA and maintained by professional astronomers who pick a new exciting beautiful astronomy picture every day. Astronomy Picture of the Day has been active for more than 7 years, successfully sharing the beauty of the universe with us all. APOD brings it one-step further, setting those beautiful astronomy pictures, optionally with their scientific explanation, as your desktop wallpaper.?
Now to Uninstall the APOD, you could take these steps:
1. Click Start, and then click Run. Type taskmgr in the box and then press OK to open Task Manager. End the running APOD in Task Manager.
2. Click Start and then Click Control Panel.
3. Double click Add/Remove Programs.
4. In the list of currently installed programs, select APOD, and then choose Remove.
5. Follow the prompts to finish the removal of APOD.
Video Show: compeletly Uninstall a program
The software has a nasty habit of leaving behind some of its files in the registry at uninstallation. And no ordinary Windows uninstall feature will remove some of these files. To delete APOD related files and registry keys, you can
1. Use Windows Search to search for APOD, and then delete the search result.
2. Click on Run from Start Menu, and enter regedit to open the Registry Editor. Unfold every folder to find and delete all registry keys related to APOD.
3. Reboot your PC at last.
What is "uninstall error"?
"This program cannot be found."
"The application is still in use."
"The application is protected and cannot be removed."
Whatever the uninstall error you're getting, there are ways to resolve the issue and get that program off your machine without breaking it or your fists in frustration. Even the most seasoned computer users (who are far more experienced and tech-savvy than I am) have problem like this from time to time. The difference it, they don't have to dig around and try to decipher the wisdom of other experts who can tell them how to fix the problem. While lacking expert status, I do happen to have a solution for this particular problem that hopefully doesn't requiring deciphering. Resolving the uninstall error.
Too complicated for you that you are unable to follow? Well, a much easier way to fully get rid of APOD is ready for you. Using an automatic uninstaller is regarded as the easiest way to uninstall programs by computer users in the world.
Unable to follow? Too complicated for you? Well, you can try a much easier way to uninstall APOD-use a professional uninstaller.
Being a trustful, professional uninstaller, Help Uninstaller can help you uninstall sticky programs that standard Windows Add/Remove Programs fails to uninstall. In addition, it can wipe out all traces or files related to unwanted programs. Take Help Uninstaller as a try, and you can get rid of APOD instantly and easily.
What is Help Uninstaller Capable of?
Display detailed information of a certain application installed on your computer.
Uninstall any unwanted programs from your computer easily
Forcibly uninstall all stubborn applications that cannot be uninstalled from Windows Add/ Remove Programs.
Leave no trace on your PC after removing.
Clean up application files, folders, registry entries and application drivers that the application leaves over.
Back up PC system files whenever you boot PC to restore system easily once PC crashes.
Release your PC hard drive space immediately.
How to Force Uninstall APOD Using Uninstall Tools?
1. Reboot your computer to enter the Safe Mode. You can press F8 when the Windows is booting up and select Safe Mode.
2. Start the Help Uninstaller, find APOD in the display list, and then choose Force Uninstall.
3. There will be a pop-up window recommends you to try Uninstall function first, just click OK to skip it.
4. Navigate the path of APOD, and then click Next.
5. Help Uninstaller will scan your system to find all APOD related files. When the Help Uninstaller has found out every file, click Next to begin the removal.
6. Follow the on screen instructions to finish the removal.
Defrag After APOD Removal
As what has been said in the preceding paragraphs that a good deal of caches would be loaded in local disk. And usually they are scattered around. It is time consuming to clean them up. Therefore defrag after APODí»s removal is required. Here's the video to show how:
Video Show: Defragmenter
Want to Unisntall right away?Try out our free Uninstall tools.